Sierra Electric Cooperative partners with Tri-State on an Energy Efficiency Products program and encourages co-op members to use electricity wisely. That’s why we offer cash incentives to consumers who make the decision to upgrade to more efficient appliances, like ENERGY STAR ® refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and dishwashers.
Ø Any member of Sierra Electric is eligible to participate.
Ø Rebate must be requested within 120 days of purchase.
Ø Installation will be verified at the residential or commercial property within Sierra Electric Cooperative service territory. Proof of purchase and installation is required.
Electric Water Heaters
· Electric Resistance Water Heater – 30 to 55 gallon only
$80/unit ($50 from SEC and $30 from Tri-State)
· Electric Resistance Water Heater with lifetime tank warranty – 30 to 55 gallon only
$100/unit ($50 from SEC and $50 from Tri-State)
· Heat Pump (ground source) powered or waste heat – any size
$150/unit for primary heating by direct exchange ground source or heat pump waste heat (desuperheater) ($50 from SEC and $100 from Tri-State), $25 additional incentive for lifetime tank warranty, any size
· Heat Pump (air source powered), 30 gallon minimum
· $100/unit split system Energy Star® rated air conditioners from 15 to 16 SEER
· $150/unit split system Energy Star® rated air conditioners over 16 SEER
Minimum Equipment size is 1 ton. A list of qualifying equipment is available at www.ceedirectory.org
· $30/unit, full size refrigerators or freezers
· $60/unit additional for refrigerator/freezer recycling
· $40/unit for front load clothes washers
· $30/unit for top load clothes washers
· $30/unit for clothes dryer (electric only)
· $90/unit for hybrid heat pump clothes dryer (ventless)
· $20/unit for dishwashers
Appliances must be Energy Star® rated. A list of qualifying equipment is available at www.energystar.gov
Rebates are also available on:
Residential LED Lamps (program ends in 2019 - no 120 grace period for application after 12/26/19)
Residential and Commercial Electric Thermal Storage and Thermal Slab
Residential and Commercial Electric Heat Pump: Central Air Source
Residential and Commercial Electric Heat Pump: Central Ground Source
Commercial LED Pole Mounted Lighting
Commercial LED Refrigerated Freezer Case Lighting
Commercial Lighting Retrofit
New Commercial Construction LED Lighting
Pre-Authorized Commercial LED Lighting
Commercial Irrigation Motor Program
Commercial Variable Speed Drive Retrofit
For questions or for detailed specifications and incentives on the above items, please contact a customer service representative at 575-744-5231.
Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives is a national network of electric cooperatives across 46 states that provides resources and leverages partnerships to help member cooperatives and their employees better engage and serve their members. By working together, Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives stand as a source of power and information to their 32 million member-owners every day.